流浪神差 21

青之驅魔師 23

執業魔女Pico Pico 06

燄凰:凝秦遺夢 16

獵愛(上、下)

The Alchemists of Loom

The Outs

The Promise Kitchen

The Crooked Sixpence

Food Anatomy

Tuesday, December 31, 2019

2019 Year End Recap

This particular blog post is to first document what was actually published here on this blog in 2019. Unlike what happened with 2020, even if there's backdating happening, it wasn't on the same level of being several years in gaps, at least I don't remember having publishing this type.

This very post itself, is, unfortunately, actually published in 2021 and also backdated. To be fair, this is once again one of those I've actually had it all thought out; it didn't get released in time because by the end of 2019, I came really close to not finishing what I've planned to read, and those took my first priority. And then 2020 was quite crazy, hence the further delay!
  1. [Source Material vs. Adaptation] ハイキュー!! - Character Omissions in ハイパープロジェクション演劇 「ハイキュー!!」
  2. [Books in Books] 本屋の森のあかリ - 磯谷友紀 (Buchhändler-Tagebuch - Yuki Isoya)
  3. Manga Reading List: Completed Works (First Read during 2010-2019)
  4. [Discussions] 台灣漫畫出版及代理的神秘奇妙事 [超真誠的困惑][解答歡迎謝謝]

2019 Reading Challenge

2019 Reading Challenge
Sammm [involuntarily somewhat on hiatus] has completed her goal of reading 85 books in 2019!
hide
Here comes the second purpose of the post, muahaha. On Goodreads, there's the My Year in Books function they provided that give some statistics, [check out mine for 2019!] (My GR profile is set for GR Users only, so this one, you'd have to login in order to view.) There's also the Goodreads Year in Review, [read mine!] (no GR account required.)

So what's different here is that I'm going to rank what I've read, but limited to series that concluded or standalones published in this year. With what I've read in 2019, it should make it more than enough for a fun ranking. Ladies and gents, drum roll....!

Note: First books of series represent said entire series. I know the cut-off was the final book, but I believe people are usually more familiar with the cover and title of first installments so.






In case people don't feel like counting, there are 17 series and standalones in total. The reason why some have been stacked, is because, 1 per slot made the ranking list lengthy, which in itself isn't too big of a deal, however, I feel bad for the ones closer to the bottom. It really wasn't like "it's the second to the last place"; trust me, certain gaps are super huge. Since it's still not reflecting well enough, I figure grouping what I feel the similar amount of like, would make me feel less guilty, haha.

That said, my feelings for some really are close, and I've already tweaked the ranking once after publishing it! Mainly groups #3 and #4; like, it's so hard when, for some, I enjoyed so much, felt so much, at the time of reading, but shortly afterwards, barely remember anything in them! Could I honestly say 'they are great series, I love them!' even though they are out of my mind, so quick? lol In contrast, there are those with aspects I love along with aspects I don't care for, yet the strong feeling stayed, even though my overall impression towards their entire series may not be great. But yeah, the top and bottom likely won't change ahaha. And there you have it!

What series concluded or standalone published in 2019 do you like the most? Feel free to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...