流浪神差 21

青之驅魔師 23

執業魔女Pico Pico 06

燄凰:凝秦遺夢 16

獵愛(上、下)

The Alchemists of Loom

The Outs

The Promise Kitchen

The Crooked Sixpence

Food Anatomy

Saturday, December 31, 2016

2016 Year End Recap

If you hadn't known, here goes: My blog has only been put back into action at the end of 2016, as in during December. That meant the window to post stuff within the year was rather small. The reason why I finally decided to utilize the space, was mainly because I realized I was starting to behave like a backseat driver, or well, at least harboring thoughts reflecting this trait in my brain often enough, which wasn't something pleasant. Another reason was because I joined NetGalley, and thought I'd have a better chance at it were I to keep a blog (translate: so that I appear to take reviewing seriously lmao). (Not that I don't previously do, I just didn't have a blog dedicated for the purpose.)

This particular blog post is to first document what was actually published here on this blog in 2016. All posts are backdated to other years, as they were material I've previously published elsewhere.
  1. [Food in Books] Magyk (Septimus Heap #1) - Angie Sage
  2. [Food in Books] Flyte (Septimus Heap #2) - Angie Sage
  3. [Food in Books] Physik (Septimus Heap #3) - Angie Sage
  4. [Food in Books] Queste (Septimus Heap #4) - Angie Sage
  5. [Food in Books] Syren (Septimus Heap #5) - Angie Sage
  6. [Food in Books] Darke (Septimus Heap #6) - Angie Sage
  7. [Food in Books] The Screaming Staircase (Lockwood & Co. #1) - Jonathan Stroud
  8. [Food in Books] The Whispering Skull (Lockwood & Co. #2) - Jonathan Stroud
  9. [Food in Books] The Hollow Boy (Lockwood & Co. #3) - Jonathan Stroud
  10. About moi
  11. My Ships from X-Men & Related X-titles
  12. [Dream Cast] Trinity Blood - Part 1: The Vatican - Leaders
  13. [Dream Cast] Trinity Blood - Part 2.1: The Vatican - Ax Agents
  14. [Dream Cast] Trinity Blood - Part 2.2: The Vatican - Ax Agents
This very post itself is published in 2021 and backdated. As previously mentioned, at the time, this blog was basically just being put together. Till this date (2021/4/15), I still have a draft that was last touched upon some time in early 2017, with the content that was a carbon copy of the second link provided below, which was the closest idea I had back then to what I'm doing now (for the second part), and the fact that that I still kept it in my draft, is because I don't personally want to post identical stuff. If I'm getting any "likes" at all, I'd much rather them to be gathered and accumulated in one place, and I won't delude myself into thinking this blog has more traffic than a social platform lol.



2016 Reading Challenge



2016 Reading Challenge


Sammm has
completed her goal of reading
110 books in
2016!


hide




And you've now reached the second purpose of the post, the fun part! On Goodreads, there's the My Year in Books function they provided that give some statistics, [check out mine for 2016!] (My GR profile is set for GR Users only, so this one, you'd have to login in order to view.) There's also the Goodreads Year in Review, [read mine!] (no GR account required.)

So what's different here is that I'm going to rank what I've read, but limited to series that concluded or standalones published in this year. It's fun as it turns out, 2016 does not make a great example even though I did read quite a lot of books. Ladies and gents, drum roll....!

Note: First books of series represent said entire series. I know the cut-off was the final book, but I believe people are usually more familiar with the cover and title of first installments so.







There are 9 in total. The reason why some are stacked, is because, 1 per slot made the ranking list lengthy, which in itself isn't too big of a deal, however, I feel bad for the ones closer to the bottom. It really wasn't like "it's the second to the last place"; trust me, certain gaps are super huge, while others aren't. I figure grouping what I feel the similar amount of like, would make me feel less guilty, haha.

I'm also going to make an exception, as this year was a year I actually attempted to do what a model ARC reviewer likely should do: read and review before the book actually was published! So yeah, adding books officially coming out in 2017 that I read this year into the mix; ta-da:






In case people didn't feel like counting, the total is now 13. There you have it!

What series concluded in 2016 do you like the most? Feel free to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...